Mid and Lower Back Pain in Franklin, WI
Find Back Pain Relief Today
We address various types of back pain;
- Acute back pain
- Subacute back pain
- Chronic back pain
Feel free to contact our chiropractor, Dr. Herbert, in Franklin, Wisconsin, and kickstart your recovery journey today.
A Brief Overview of Mid and Lower Back Pain
Back pain is one of the leading reasons why many Americans seek medical care. In fact, it is estimated that over 80% of Americans will experience lower or mid back pain at some point in their lives. The lower back includes the lumbar vertebrae – L1 through L5 – and the sacroiliac and hip joints.
The pain associated with lower or mid back problems can range from mild to severe and be localized to one area or may involve multiple areas of the spine. The pain may feel like a constant ache or pressure, or it may be more intense when you move in certain ways. However, some patients may experience a sudden onset of acute lower back pain, while others have a chronic condition that occurs over time.
Common causes of Mid and Lower Back Pain
- Accidents and trauma- As a result of an accident, the back muscles and ligaments will be damaged, triggering back pain symptoms.
- Repetitive movements- Overuse or excessive strain on the back muscles, ligaments, or tendons. For example: overextending when lifting heavy objects, repetitively twisting while performing a job function, or repeatedly bending forward while working at a computer terminal can trigger back pain symptoms
Symptoms of Mid and Lower Back Pain
- Pain in the mid and lower back when bending, lifting, or twisting in a certain way
- Difficulty standing up straight because of pain in the mid and lower back
- Sharp or burning sensations around your waist
Chiropractic Diagnosis and Treatment of Mid and Lower Back Pain
Chiropractic diagnosis of mid and lower back pain is based on a thorough examination of the spine, pelvis, and extremities. The doctor will also perform a complete neurological examination to determine if there are any motor or sensory deficits in the lower extremities.
The chiropractor will ask you about your current symptoms and any previous injuries, illnesses, or surgeries that may have affected your spine. They may also ask questions about your diet, exercise habits, and work environment.
The chiropractor can also use various diagnostic tests to determine the extent of any spinal misalignment that might be causing your mid-back pain.
After establishing the cause, the chiropractor will administer relevant practices to alleviate the pain. Some of these techniques used to address mid and lower back pain are:
- Spinal manipulation
- Massage therapy
Let Us Help You Alleviate Your Back Pain
Are you suffering from back pain, acute, subacute, or chronic? Worry less; we can help you at Rhythm of Life Chiropractic in Franklin, Wisconsin. Our chiropractor Dr. Herbert can get you back on track. We treat each patient as a whole person-focusing on the underlying cause- not just noticeable symptoms. Contact us today.
RELATED SERVICES & CONDITIONS
Reach out to us for any questions you might have!